Fellow dental podcaster, Dr. Jihyon Kim also known as “Discing Queen”, joins host Kira Dineen on the show. With over 20 years of experience, Dr. Kim maintains patient practices in Bellevue and Fife, Washington with an emphasis on esthetic smile-rejuvenation via injection molded direct composite dentistry. Her career highlights include teaching over twenty courses a year throughout the United States and Canada and developing curricula as former full faculty and Co-Director of the Bioclear® Learning Center in Tacoma, Washington. An innovator at heart, Dr. Kim created the Smile Design Gauge, a multifunction clinical tool for predictable chairside smile design. She launched her own podcast this year, “Dental Disruptors” which you can check out on all major podcasting apps.
On This Episode We Discuss…
- Advantages of Injection Overmolding Method vs Traditional Method of Composite Placement
- Advantage of Heating Composite in Injection Overmolding
- The Transition from GV Black Dentistry to Modern Composite Dentistry
- Direct Restorative Solutions for “Black Triangles” (Check out her free webinar)
- The Smile Design Gauge
- Patient-Centeredness Philosophy
- Tease New “Dental Disruptors” Podcast
Check out Dr. Kim’s piece in Dentistry Today, “The Dawn of Injection Molded Composite Dentistry.” Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. Learn more from Dr. Kim on her website, jihyonkimdds.com. And if you’re interested in hands-on courses with Dr. Kim, visit injectionovermolding.com.
Join us for our next episode in March with another key opinion leader Look forward to new episodes on the first of every month, as we learn and discover the latest advances in dentistry.