Dr. Matthew Nejad joins host Kira Dineen to discuss biomimetic dentistry on this podcast episode.
He graduated from the University of Southern California School of Dentistry. As part of his training at USC, he completed a comprehensive Esthetic and Biomimetic training program with Dr. Pascal Magne, a world leader in these fields, and was honored to rank first in the program. His collaboration with Pascal Magne has continued, as Dr. Nejad has been teaching at USC since 2010 and conducting research relating to dental materials, adhesion, and biomimetics. Dr. Nejad has been lecturing and teaching hands-on training courses in Biomimetic Dentistry since 2012, having presented in the USA and internationally.
Dr. Nejad is a trusted key-opinion leader for several companies, helping to improve dental materials and educate advanced adhesive techniques. In addition to teaching and lecturing, he is the lead partner at an exclusive private practice in Beverly Hills, CA where he practices Biomimetic and Cosmetic dentistry.
On This Episode We Discuss….
- Concept of biomimetic dentistry
- 3 distinct materials of a natural tooth
- Concept of a “biological bond”
- Techniques to increase bond strength
- Intact teeth managing and distributing stress
- Advantages of using preheated composite prior to polymerization
- Repercussions of traditional approaches of restoring teeth
- Preservation of pulp vitality with a biomimetic approach
- Eliminating common complications such as sensitivity, debonding, and staining/ditching of margins
- Individualizing patient care
Join us for our next episode on February 1st with our President and CEO, Dr. Josh Friedman. Look forward to new episodes on the first of every month, as we learn and discover the latest advances in dentistry.